Saturday, November 17, 2012

Thanks to My Students for a Great Fall Session.

A thank you to my students for taking my Fall painting class.  It was such a great group that I'm sad it is over.  Once again, everyone did great paintings!  I don't know why I can't remember to take pictures of some of them.  I even brought my ipad so I could, but got so involved I forgot.

My winter class will begin on January 17, 2013 at ArtSpace Herndon.  Please contact me if you are interested in the class.  I'm in a mood to do flower set ups so we will definitely continue with flower paintings, but with much simplier set ups and a 50/50 split with vegetables.   This term was almost all flowers, which are much harder to paint in my opinion because of all the folds of the petals and leaves.    Here is one example of the set-ups we had this year.  The other is my bucket of flowers.


I loved this idea, which was to combine Scotland and Texas (a student wanted to create a painting for her friend who is getting married-and yes you guessed it she is a Scot he is a Texan).  It was so fun to find the symbols representing their two contries which are the yellow rose (texas); blue bells (Texas--okay it was Delphinium but close enought); thistle and heather for Scotland..    I have never seen blue giant thistle like that before.  Simply stunning..

No comments: