Monday, November 26, 2012

Painting of yellow roses and blue thistle

I had a glorious weekend of painting and shopping.  What could be more fun.  I completed this painting, except for the yellow centers of the delphenia (sp?), which isn't even necessary if I don't get around to it.  This is a painting of yellow roses and blue thistle that was a student's challenge in my fall class.  She wanted to represent Scotland and Texas for friends getting married.  I'm so glad I took a picture of the bucket of flowers (or maybe a student did) they were so spectacular.  I couldn't resist.

This is a new direction I want to explore because of a personal self assessment (and criticisms about me personally, not my art).  That has transcended into painting quickly with less detail.  Boy was that fun and I don't reach the boredom stage.  I hope people like this because I want to do more of these.  The color in the original is so much more interesting.  A lot of turquoises and cobalts that are just not registering in the photo.

No comments: