Saturday, November 24, 2012

Another portrait sketch -- not so quick

Here is another (not so quick) portrait sketch.  Despite its sketchy quality, this has been repainted twice.  I can't get the eyes to look like hers.  I was almost done but had to tinker and ... disaster.  Turns out it was for the best, the eyes were too low.  I think they are appropriately placed now but they need to be reshaped.  I'm going to let dry since I've go it at a place I'm feeling okay about.  I'm not sure I can do these demos as anticipated.  I am taking the same amount of time as my regular painting. I guess I can't fight my own nature. I should take a bit longer with the drawing. It would save me time in the end.  

I painted in the garage and it is freezing.  My toes are numb.  I still have to go back out to clean my brushes.  I'm not looking forward to that.  Have to warm up.

No comments: