Saturday, November 17, 2012

Latest Paintings

Last weekend I got the opportunity to paint.  My son was in school and I had the day off.  I worked on two paintings.  Here is one painting that was an identical set up to one for my class at ArtSpace Herndon.  I like the simplicity and the no frills glass mason jar.   I think I'm going to stop here and not finish these spider mum's anymore.  The painting is actually larger than this and sitting on books that I have not finished, but I think I'm going to affix it to a 12 x 16 panel or stretcher and call it a day.  I like it cropped like this.  I'm also trying to make a few quick sketches for more affordable pricing for an upcoming show.  .That show is the Art Guild of Clifton's Holiday Art Show on December 15 at the town hall.   More to come on that. 



No comments: