Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Beach Kids #3 revisited



Here is the almost finished painting of Beach Kids #3. I fixed the legs, hair and background yesterday. Those are done. Now I just need to finish the arms. Again, I'm letting the painting dry, so that I can add the other limbs and do some minor tweaking to the hands. Then it will be done. I really don't like to paint on a painting more than 9 hours and I just reached that limit and I'm ready for the next challenge.



Next week I'm going to start working on a commission of a friend's cat - a tribute to the long life of a much loved pet. I see the next few paintings being of pets as I have a few in the queue. Then I want to try something really crazy, a narrative, but I need a willing model. Ideally it would be for the Outwin Boochever Portrait Competition that I will never finish in time...but what the heck I can try.

No comments: