Saturday, July 7, 2012

Peonies on Location

Back in May, I did this demo painting of the few remaining peonies still blooming. The peonies bloomed so early this year and lasted so little time that I barely made it.  For the last two years I have tried to make peony season and failed.  I almost did it again, but thanks to my friends I made it a priority.  A special thanks to my neighbor who allowed us to decend on her amazing garden.  These beautiful flowers are a masterpiece of nature.  I think I could gaze at them for hours.  At this point however, I think I have gone overboard and now have three new peony painting.  I need to think of other flowers to paint.  This painting was done partially alla prima and au plein air and partially in the studio.  I cannot last long outside with bugs and heat, but I wanted to finish it since it was so close to be done.  


Also you can see my painting "Carnations in Oil Jug" at the Art League Gallery (Torpedo Factory) this month (July). 

No comments: