Monday, July 16, 2012

Peonies Demo #2



Here is the actual demonstration I started for the Fairfax Art League back on June 2.  I loved the light on these peonies that I hopefully captured.  Very warm light that made the flowers look like cotton candy--well sort of.  I finally finished this a couple of weeks ago and now all it needs is a coat of varnish.  Speaking of, I got some Gamvar already pre-mixed through Judsons Art Outfitters (it's a pretty tiny bottle though).  Love that store.  They sell Miracle Muck too, but be aware that another e-store sells a half gallon for $4 dollars more than the 8 oz bottle Judsons sell.  My only beef.

Not sure where I will display this painting, but I'm thinking I will enter it into the Gallery 222 "Something Hot" show.  Also Art at the Mill deadline is coming up, so who knows.

No comments: