Tuesday, July 17, 2012

David at Cox Farm

Here is a painting I've started of my son at Cox Farm last fall or fall of 2010 (can't remember).  That was one big pumpkin and we considered buying it, but it was something like $150.  For any concerned parents, my husband was literally right next to him to grab the pumpkin after a few seconds and click of my camera.   

I may have mentioned this in a previous blog, but I'm very interested in doing a series of paintings of kids having fun.  This fits right in.  If I can ever get to the pool, one series will be of kids at the pool, kids at the beach, kids fishing, rowing, playing sports and other summer fun activities.  I'm not getting very far, but hope I can change that.   I'm taking a class with Bobbi Pratte who is going to demo people in scenes next week.  Can't wait.  I've already wasted 3 classes painting flowers, which has to stop because I'm missing my opportunity to accomplish my goal in the class - kids in scenes--Bobbi's forte.  I think there are only 3 classes left.  Chop chop.

No comments: