Friday, July 22, 2011

Quick Study




I decided to do this quick study as I have reached my 9 hour plateau on the peonies painting. This always happens to me. I love the starts and hate the finishes.




I started painting a much larger bouquet but with only 3 hours to complete this venture on Wednesday, I became overwhelmed. In the last 45 minutes, I wiped out everything but the lily on the right and painted the rest. I much prefer the composition. Very simple. I will make some adjustments and may repaint most of it since I think the saturation of the paint was diminished by the fact that I was painting over a layer of mud colored paint from what I wiped out. The background should be a more intense cool purple too. If I complete this, I might decide to enter this into Something Hot show (cross your fingers). It's 12 x 12 and I can order a gorgeous premade frame from JFM Enterprises. On the other hand the boat painting will require a custom frame that I might not get it in time.




PS: Now that I look at the photo, the paint seems pretty saturated, its the values that need some adjusting.




No comments: