Saturday, July 16, 2011

Peonies Session 3



There is as far as I got in my third session of painting. I worked on the main white flower, the box and background. I definitely liked the box better before, but at some point I have to bring it up to the same finished level as the flowers. The box has a bunch of filigred paper on it, which will be a challenge, so I might glaze down the box to a different value before I start to keep the box in a lower value. Overall it's going okay, but as expected, the painting is getting tight and I'm losing that painterly touch. I will be working on the shadows of the pedals of the white flower this coming week because they just don't look natural. I can't tell if the photo is distorted and crooked or the box is. I will definitely have to check out what is going on there. So much to do.

This is such a beautiful weekend, I think I'm going to go out side to paint a mini painting of a peach I bought at the farmers market with the leaves still on.

No comments: