Thursday, July 7, 2011

Figs Accepted in July Art League Show






I got accepted into the July member show at the Art League Gallery in Old Town. If you are in Old Town swing by for a look at the painting at the Torpedo Factory. It's hanging over the desk area when you first walk into the gallery on the left. The show will be up the entire month of July.






I'm glad I decided to enter because July is the beginning of the new membership year. The significance of that is that it gives me 11 more opportunities to get juried in again. If I jury into three shows this membership year, I will have access to display my work in the bin section of the gallery in 2012. I can bring in as much work as I want (I think) that is matted and shrink wrapped and can display one small painting on the wall (no jurying to do this). Last time I got bin privileges, I didn't use them. This time will be different .... I hope. One down, two to go. Cross your fingers for me. Next month is the landscape show. I have to start painting a killer landscape!

No comments: