Sunday, December 2, 2012

I'll be published in International Artist Magazine



I was recently notified that I will be published in International Artist Magazine as a finalist ? for their Still Life Challenge/competition.  My painting above will appear in the Feb/March issue.  I'm so thrilled.  I'm not exactly sure what happens next.  I know they award grand, second and third prizes.  I assume that I am not one of those winners but one of 10 honorable mentions or finalists (not exactly sure the title) that also gets published.  Given this is the first time I've entered, I'm not exactly sure what my title is in this event.  Whatever the title. it doesn't matter--I'm just honored. I will get a full page spread on my painting "Camellia, cherry blossoms and dogwood" and a write up of my inspiration and technique.  I'm so excited, but many more logistics to go  including concerns about whether they have received my photographs in the appropriate size which is a must to be published.  I'm still biting my nails and pinching myself.

No comments: