Friday, May 2, 2014

Sold Two Painting at NIH Show

I'm so honored to have sold two paintings at the NIH show I was in earlier this year.   That was quite an experience in two ways.  One the staff that runs the gallery are just super nice and it is all so very well coordinated.

The other experience was the security.  It is tight!  You have to plan an extra 30 minutes.  First your car is checked.  You have to exit the car and leave all doors and tunk open.  They will sift though lightly but mostly bring out the dogs to sniff around and mirrors.  Then its through two security check points, with TSA-like technology.  I don't understand why.  I guess they probably have some pretty scary viruses locked up somewhere.  Who knows.  But poor girl in front of me was having a nervous breakdown because if she didn't get to a specific place in time she was out of some kind of trial.  They should really warn people about how extensive the security is.  I was warned,

but I didn't get it until I got there.

No comments: