Saturday, August 27, 2011

More Cute Kids




I drew this image on canvas in anticipation of painting it. It is not meant to be finished and certainly the values are not accurate. These are a friend's kids. Given the small size of the canvas (12 x 16), I needed a more precise drawing and why I drew this first. I'm hoping that I won't be so uncoordinated that I can't paint this small. I hope I can paint with a respectible size brush albeit small to start.



I never draw on canvas as a first step. So, I'm hoping it doesn't bleed into the paint. I used a #2 pencil rather than vine charcoal, which is very invasive. I combined two photos, which I think is obvious. I think I might have to shrink the girl as she is supposed to be in the background. I think her body is too long or something, because her head looks right and her body doesn't -- my previous blog may be spot on. Because these are separate photos, I don't have reference or relative points to measure and hence my struggle. I really wanted to do a beach painting, but when you find the perfect pose, you've got to go with it. They are so cute!!

No comments: