Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Work in Progress - Triangular Tomatoes




Here is the latest "unfinished" painting I'm working on. I had to take a break, why I'm not sure. But sometimes I just have to do that. Painters block tends to happen when I'm almost done, which is not good since I've put about 12 hours into this already. Also I can't seem to find a frame I like for this painting from JFM Enterprises, my favorite frame store (sometimes you have to plan ahead so everything is ready for the shows) . This is a big painting 36 x 36 so I don't want a huge frame. JFM is out of the floater frame I want and has been for months. Anyway, I thought I would show some progressions. Given the almost finished state, the changes will be less noticable, but what the heck. I will be adding the leaves, which are just blocked in. Also will refine the cloth and tomatoes to give more depth. Still a bit blocky for my tastes.




Another reason for putting this one aside is the fact that I got inspired by a photo of elephants my friend took while on safari in Africa. I swear her photos are National Geographic quality. Amazing and again inspiring. I will share progression photos in the next few days of the elephants. At this point I just have the drawing that I completed in the car on the way to my mother's house over the holidays. Stay tuned.

No comments: