Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Painting Exhibited for First Time


Here is another painting that I finished right before the private exhibit. The art exhibit got so busy that I didn't even get a chance to get it out of my car on the first day of the exhibit. The other problem was I had ordered frames specific for the show but they didn't arrive in time. I have a stockpile of frames, so it wasn't a problem except for this one, which is an odd size. I debated whether to show it at all because it was unframed, but I decided to on the last day of the exhibit. I got a really good response despite not having a frame. This was an actual bouquet of flowers I bought from LynnVale Flower Farm over the summer. I thought the flowers were so beautiful I just had to paint them. Of course the flowers have such a short life span that I started live and then finished from a photo. I also added a few wild flowers from my field (the buttercups, daisies). I plan to do more of these 12 x 12 paintings on board. They are so happy and colorful, they make me smile and wish for spring.

No comments: