Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Winter Course

Teaching at ArtSpace Herndon

I will be teaching my winter course at ArtSpace Herndon-starting tomorrow!!!. The class lasts 8 weeks (once session per week) and I'm thrilled that most of my class is made up of returning students. We have a great time. In addition to offering what I consider to be "short cuts" to achieving realism (dare I say useful instruction), the class is a blast. We listen to music and have some finger food and paint like crazy. I'm so impressed with the students. I wish I had progressed as fast as they have. Real talent in the class and I will definitely have to show you how much in a future blog.

Tomorrow I hope to find beautiful cabbages with extraordinary leaves for the set up. Yeah...right. Does anyone know a farmer? I would love real fruit and veggies unadultered by the grocerty stores. Now is not the time--I know--but as usual I have to plan ahead. I also have come to the conclusion that I have to build a garden next year to get the "quality" subject matter I need. Okay, let me clarify, someone else is going to have to build the encasement I need in order to stop the deer from ravaging everything I plant and dig the holes for the plants. I will simply water and fertilize. I do love the deer however...I think I'm the only one.

No comments: