Saturday, August 2, 2008

Upcoming Virginia Art Shows

I wanted to share some art show information with my art friends:

Art League Solo Show Jurying
The Art League is jurying for its 2010 schedule of solo artist shows. Informational meetings are being held on August 21 at 6:30 pm and on September 19th at 3:00 pm. Call the Art League gallery for more information on the jurying process. 703 683 -1780 http://www.theartleague.org/

Now I know this is for solo shows, but I wonder if we shouldn't request a solo spot specific to POSA members. Let me know if I should inquire. I could talk to the gallery. Also I'm thinking about asking the Gallery if they would consider a "portrait and figure" show this year or next. How many folks could I count on to participate? You have to be a member of the Art League, which is $65 a year. Please give me some feedback as to whether to pursue this!!!

Gallery West 12th Annual Juried Show
February 4-March 2, 2009
The deadline for submission is November 20. Go to http://www.gallery-west.com/ to download the prospectus.

Target Gallery 5x5x5 Show
December 11-January 11, 2009
The exhibit will examine work on a very intimate scale. Entry is open to all artists nationally and internationally working in any media with the strict stipulation that the work must fit within the dimensions of five inches in any direction. The juror is a contemporary curator from CA. Deadline for entries: October 1, 2008. Prospectus available at http://www.torpedofactory.org/ (then click "Target").

Ted Reed show "Presence
September 2008
One of our esteemed POSA members, Ted Reed, is hosting a solo show at the Art League Gallery in September. I'm sure it will be fantastic as he is a great artist. Many of you may remember his portrait "Louder" that was a finalist at one of the past POSA conferences (three years ago, I think????). I'm sure the show will be a feast for the eyes. The Art League is at 105 North Union Street, in Alexandria, VA.

No comments: