Saturday, December 7, 2013

Wild Cards



Crazy Fun!  I participated in a fundraising event for Artsquare, a great art center in Leesburg, VA.  They asked artists to paint small works on playing cards and donate them to raise funds to support the center and school.   I thought I would do  two, but ended up doing 7 (one which I didn't deliver becuase it was awful).  The rest were of acceptable quality and were so much fun to paint that I just couldn't stop painting them.  I did 2 yesterday and 5 this morning before 10 am.    I delivered them to Artsquare and all but one sold in under an hour, which makes me feel good professionally but also it raised $ for the art center   Here are my paintings.  I did them in pairs.  Because the paintings are so small, my vision was to paint them in pairs so they could be presented with a nice wide mat as a diptych.  Of course none sold in pairs.

No comments: