Sunday, December 8, 2013

Farm Near Berryville

In October we went apple and pumpkin picking.  I took photos of this beautiful barn from many angles.  This is one in a series I plan to do of the barn.  They are 8x8 which is my preferred landscape size because you can say so much with so little (so few strokes).   In any case, I started this in a miniature landscape workshop I taught back in October.  This is my demonstration painting.  I had to finish it at home in the studio because it was no where near done in the 45 minute demo time.  I wish now I had taken a photo of it in its demo state, but I didn't.

I've had a lot of requests to hold the workshop again and my dear friend is considering allowing me to  use her most spectacular barn (most would consider it a house, with beautiful kitchen, living room and exercise room)-a favorite painting location among my painter friends.  So, if anyone is interested let me know.  The space will be limited due to the configuration of the living space in the barn. My guess is 8 people max and will run abuut 5 hours.  Email me if interested:  info@vickiblum.com.




No comments: